Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Price of Beauty.

Have you ever thought of what beauty 'costs'? I know I personally buy make-up, hair products, and other various 'beauty' products on a regular basis. I don't believe wanting to look your best is a 'sin' or a 'crime' but I think sometimes we all need to look in the mirror with no make up on and no baggy close to hid what we don't like and see ourselves through Gods eyes and see how beautiful we all are! We too often, especially myself, get caught up in what people think of me and my appearance.

The new Show "The Price of Beauty", produced my Jessica Simpson is wonderful! I am a fan of Jessica Simpson, but even if you aren't I would encourage you watch an episode. It is all about Jessica and two of her closest friends traveling the world and finding the the world considers to be beautiful. But at every stop they make they find people who have been negatively effected by their wants to be beautiful, their desires to make then selves perfect to the worlds standards. It was very eye opening for me. I love that everywhere they go, there is a lesson in what true beauty is.


Here is the link if you are interested in watching : The Price of Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment